Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Bridging with Burgers

I love grilling "burgers" of all kinds because it is an easy way to bridge everyone's eating styles. I've made regular burgers for my two meat eaters and then portabello mushroom burgers for Will and I who are eating vegan. And easy--I've been marinating the mushrooms in balsamic salad dressing. I've posted the recipe for the dressing before. But when fixing it for marinade, I don't pay so much attention to proportions. I just mix a dollop of dijon, a teaspoon or so of brown sugar, then pour in roughly 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil and 3-6 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar. Choose portabellos roughly the same size as your burger buns. let them marinate 30 minutes-1 hour then toss on the grill. They are great. Ross has been having a double burger--meat and portabello. Easy and not much to clean up when you are grilling. My idea of great weekend cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment